Q:Do you have to have two gerbils together? Im not aloud to have more than one.
A:Yes, we have two gerbils who live together, for the simple reason those gerbils where bred together, raised together, and are both girls.... if they where not any one of those things it would not be a good idea to have them together. ;) Most gerbils are solitary animals, they can end up hurting each other if they live together, I guess that means we are lucky huh? Hope that helps!
2:38 PM | | 2 Comments
Can Gerbils Eat Pine Branches:
- Paper towel or toilet paper tubes
- Cardboard egg cartons, (if clean and have no egg residue)
- Peices of packing boxes
- Brown paper bags
A question that was asked was the following: Can Pet Gerbils Chew on Sticks From Outside?
- Sticks from outside are great for gerbils to chew on! They must follow the follwoing guidelines:
- Must have no very sharp edges, no nails are glass... no sharpens ends etc
- Must not have oils or other substances on them
- Must not be cleaned with any cleaning prducts, these can be dangerus for the gerbils
- Must be cleaned in hot water before put in with the gerbil
A question that is often asked is: Can Gerbils Eat Pine Nuts
Can Gerbils Eat Pine Nuts? Yes.. the may!
- Gerbils can eat pine nuts: They are just like a yumy treat for them! In fact the are not only yummy for pet gerbils but are healthy as well!
A common question is: How long does it take before a gerbil is full size?
- After 6 Months: By this time your gerbil should be about 6-9 inches long including the tail. This is an estimate, every gerbil is different. Some gerbils may take up to a year to become full grown... due to stress, food shortage, etc.
5:11 PM | Labels: How Long Does it Take for Gerbils to Become Full Size? | 0 Comments
A Question I was asked was: Can Gerbils Eat Raw Almonds?
- Gerbils can eat raw almonds among other raw nuts: RAW nuts and seeds are always best to give a gerbil, but unsalted/unflavored will work also. Flavored or sometimes even just salted nuts or seeds can be harmful to a pet gerbil, so these are not a good idea to give these to them.